Tuesday, October 2, 2012

'give us this day our daily bread'

this part of the Lord's prayer has never been as real to me as it has been the past few days.

i'm currently unemployed/in a season of transition as most of you know, and running out of money fast.

in fact, when i woke up this morning, i had just under $4 to my name.

so here i was praying as i was helping my friend paint her house. praying for my friends who are going through the thick of it, and praying that God would provide the money i needed today for bus tickets and laundry.

next thing you know, i receive a $50 e-transfer from a friend this afternoon because it, as she put it, was on her heart to do so.

then i get home only to find out that my sister came home with enough loonies for seven loads of laundry. BOOM.

THE LORD PROVIDES.

how often do we exchange the assurance that GOD WILL BE EVERYTHING WE NEED HIM TO BE TODAY for unnecessary worry about tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment