Wednesday, January 23, 2019

imagine with me for a minute that you land your dream job. it's everything you could imagine; you get to work with your favourite people group (in my case, youth), there's a teaching element to it (you love to teach), you have a great team surrounding you (actually, the best team), you get to partner with organizations who care about those who are stuck in a cycle of poverty and homelessness ... and the list goes on.

the only clincher? you have to fundraise your salary. yes you read that right - FUNd-raise.

now, it seemed daunting at the beginning - a task i wasn't particular fond of - but as time went on i saw people partner with me (coworkers, old friends and new and even some 'randoms' like a one-time customer at mcdonalds whom i never saw again), my heart began to swell. every single person that has given me money (whether monthly or through a one-time gift) not only has a post-it note on my wall to remind me of their generosity and support, but they are very much so a part of the work i do. in fact, i couldn't do what i do without them.

to date, my account is running low - as in i may not have a job in three months low. i'm not worried, i have the utmost confidence in the fact that i am in the right place (and even more confidence in the Lord's provision and calling on my life), but i know i have some asking to do, starting with this blog.

would you consider being a part of my team by supporting me monthly? (i would need thirty of you to consider donating a very tax receiptable $20/month to stay afloat for this year at 20 hours a week, or the equivalent of $600 more a month.)

what i get: to keep my dream job.

what you get: a tax receipt, the knowledge that your money is being put to good use (investing in youth, partnering with non profits and my work (project serve, youth unlimited) in helping spread love to those on the margins of society, and ... more of me; encouragement cards, coffee (if you live in close enough proximity) and other stuff depending on what you need. (we're a team!)

convinced? great. copy and paste the following link and follow instructions for one time or monthly gifts: www.paulac.yugta.ca (unfortunately it won't let me connect the link here.)

have questions? get at me (through whichever means you clicked this blog.)

neither? i get it and still love you =) (though i do give to a few charities myself, i can't give to all.)

ps. if you're american and want to donate and get a tax receipt, let me know as you have to go through our american partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment