Thursday, September 13, 2012

today was like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. wait, that doesn't make sense. a ray of sunshine in a cloudy week? a bright day? a good day?

whatever. i liked today =)

first, let it be said that waking up at my BFF's house is an automatic plus. being able to cuddle with her adorable kids, one of which greeted me with a hug and a sweet, "i like when you're here", melts my heart, and getting to squeeze them tight as they walk out the door for school melts my heart even more. i love them to pieces. they're adorable, yes, but i can't help but love them simply because they're a part of my friend.

from there i went and hung out with my dear friend, vanessa, who, after spending a good chuck of her morning with me, handed me $100 as we departed. i nearly cried as she had no idea the extent of stress i was under just trying to figure out how i was going to pinch my almost-extinct pennies and try and make them last this week.

then tonight, right after i conveniently found out that i am NOT being paid for the time i spent in honduras, i get a surprise package delivered to my door. and by package i mean my sister's sweet friend [who will remain nameless to protect his identity. you're welcome, ______] ;) [no not THAT kind of package].

this won't come as a surprise to those of you who stalk my facebook statuses [hahaha just kidding], but as if my sister's friend's presence wasn't enough, he came bearing gifts: a letter and journal, $50 canadian, $26 american, and an old navy gift card, all of which were laced with gratitude and encouragement.

this may seem like a weird thing to say after writing five paragraphs, but his kindness, as well as the kindness of others, has left me ... speechless ... and once again in awe of God's provision in my life.

sleep well tonight, friends. i know i will.

No comments:

Post a Comment