Monday, April 11, 2016

to say i had a happy birthday is an understatement.

i spent the morning reading through some of your wonderful facebook messages and texts, reflecting on my last 36 years of life [at least what i can remember of it], and dreaming about my future. life has been good to me so far, and judging by this year's bucket list, it looks like 36 will shape up to be that way, too.

special thanks to:

my BFFN for taking me to my fave burger joint for lunch and an upcoming jays' game, for a sweet, and healthy, new cookbook, and more importantly, her company and friendship, which trumps all.

my work friends, who outdid themselves by throwing me a party with the best colour co-ordinated decorations, homemade cupcakes, yummy ice cream cake, flowers, blue jay hats [yes, plural], homemade cards, a thoughtful book full of encouragement letters that i will cherish forever, and much, much more.

my wonderful housemate and friend, sharon, for the devotional and boston spending money [go jays!], and my dear friend stephanie for breakfast, an upcoming jays' game [do you see a theme here?] and especially for having her adorable grade four class call me on speaker phone to collectively wish me a happy birthday. i love and appreciate you a great deal. all of you.

you know, the more i get older, the more realize how important the people you surround yourself with are. society would tell you that living the good life means making a lot of money, owning a huge house with a white picket fence, driving an expensive car, and having a bunch of degrees hanging up in your corner office, yet i have none of these things and feel like one of the richest people in the world.

thanks, everyone. hold your loved ones close today.

No comments:

Post a Comment