Friday, January 6, 2012

a tearstained pillow, laughter, and a buttload of gratitude.

i sit staring at the computer screen for hours at a time trying to pound out a blog. i write five words and erase three. write one and stare at it blankly. there's so much going on in this head of mine; only the best of memories of my dad, and questions. a whole lot of questions.

i've almost made it through day eight without my dad and so far i've only had two 'i'm not going to make it moments'. thankfully, i have great friends who are willing to lay with me until i fall asleep, others who cover me in prayer, a God who hears mine, and a water resistant pillow [or at least one that dries quickly].

whoever said that 'laughter is the best medicine' must have been a doctor. i'm so thankful that my family has the ability to make each other laugh. i'm also thankful for shows like 'modern family' and for friends who can tell me a joke at the drop of a hat, even if they are a little on the corny side [ahem, mel].

i'm thankful for each and every one of you who took the time to call or write, and those who continue to do so.

and most of all, i'm thankful that i had the chance to spend 31 years with a dad who not only taught me about the importance of having a strong work ethic, but a dad who deeply loved and valued his wife and his kids; a dad who deeply loved and valued ... me.

miss you, dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment