Friday, April 4, 2014

our 'behinds'

i was driving my sister's car the other day and it hit me; i spent way more time looking through the windshield than i did the rear view mirror. what was ahead of me, the cars,[ahem, parked cars], stop signs, snow banks and the like, were more important to me than what was behind me.

shouldn't the same be said about life?

sure, in some ways we can't escape our past, after all, it's responsible for shaping us into the person we are today, but we can't live there; we have too good of a future ahead to worry about ... our behinds.

our 'butts'

i should really study for my exam, but ... i'm tired and can do it tomorrow.
i should call so and so to see how she's doing, but ... she's probably busy.
i'll go to the gym, but ... my legs are sore from yesterday's work out.
i should eat these carrots, but ... this crème egg looks good.
i should, but ... but ... but!

you get the picture.

truth be told, our 'buts' get in the way of doing the very things we need to do to ensure a better life and future, and so can our 'behinds' if we let them.

"let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you" [proverbs 4:25]

No comments:

Post a Comment