Thursday, June 2, 2016

most things, in excess, are bad.

a glass of red wine can compliment a good steak, but drink too much of it and your liver's at stake.

good food should not be wasted, but too much of it is bad for your waist.

netflix passes time, but too much of it may cause your eyes to 'film' over.

too many puns and ... nevermind, you can't have too many puns ;)

but seriously, moderation is key. especially, i find, when referring to social media.

i just kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. more babies. another engagement. a kick ass promotion. and the list goes on.

normally, in a healthy state, i would celebrate my friend's accomplishments, and milestones, and celebrate them well.

only this time, i wasn't healthy. only this time, i became found myself becoming jealous, and fighting feelings of discontentment.

so i did what anyone with an extreme personality would do, i deactivated my facebook account and shut off from the world.

it wasn't all bad. in fact, it turned out to be really good for me.

good for me in the sense that i refocused my brain, regained my footing, and put my 'thanks-living' suit back on. good for me in the sense that i found my bearings, and feel like myself again.

and good for you because you can now read my blog ;)

moderation, good. excess, bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment