Wednesday, August 15, 2012

i love watching my friends soar.

on friday, i will be saying 'good-bye' to one of my greatest friends as she has accepted a well deserved teacher's position in london, ontario. to say that i will miss her something fierce is an understatement, but i'm certain that she will flourish and excel there. love you so much, junkin.

i spent a week at camp this past week watching a woman of God confidently step into a position that would intimidate most people. there are no words to express how proud i was/am of her and how honored i was/am to learn from her and serve alongside her. geninne, you amaze me! get ready for the ride of your life!

while i was at camp this week, i ran into some friends who have just recently accepted a position in our nation's capital. this isn't my story to share on here, but i can't help but beam with pride just thinking about their next step. ottawa is about to be extremely blessed. you'll kill it there! [you know who you are] =)

as my last blog mentioned, i am about to board a plane with two of my greatest friends and five world changing students:

justin and nikki, i am honored to lead alongside you in this and even more honored to call you my friends. i honestly don't know what i would have done without you by my side this year! looking forward to a lifetime of friendship.

zayne, dion, sara, jade, and amina, we are beyond pumped to get to journey with you in this. we believe in you so much!

and last but not least [for now], my fearless tattered tiaras leader and friend, kim. i can't even tell you how proud i am of who you are and your ability to follow your heart and see your vision through. you set out to impact girls all over this world, and that is exactly what you do. let my life attest to that. [now get off the internet and keep rocking malawi] ;)

"give everyone what you owe him: ... if honor, then honor" [romans 13:7]

more to come at a later date. i could do this all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment